St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School has established a STEAM Maker Space in their newly refurbished Learning Hub: a place for students to invent, create and learn.
- Many students choose to spend their lunch breaks creating, designing and experimenting in here.
- Teachers provide flexible, modular projects that will develop new skills based on students’ interests and abilities
- Students learn to use tools and materials, both physical and virtual; develop creative projects; develop creativity, problem-solving and STEAM skills
- Projects are aligned with STEAM learning and to problem-based and project-based learning that relies upon hands-on, often collaborative, learning experiences as a method for solving authentic problems
- Teaching and learning opportunities are focused on student centered inquiry
- Teachers engage their students in whole class/small group learning activities